For your convenience, we are now offering a new secure, online service called AssistanceCheck. This interactive service will allow you to contact us and obtain or provide information online rather than in-person or by mail. Some of the services offered include:
- View and download monthly payments (this replaces HAPCheck)
- Request to update your contact information
- Ability to download 1099's at the end of calendar year 2016
- Additional features are scheduled to be available soon In order to use AssistanceCheck, you must first create an account online at AssistanceCheck.com using the PIN we mailed to you on May 27, 2016. Easy to follow instructions can be found below.
Once you have created your account, keep your account information in a safe place. You will need the log-on information to gain access to AssistanceCheck in order to submit requests and check the status of your requests. Please keep in mind that Requests and Documents submitted online may take up to 24 hours to be processed.
If you are not already using Direct Deposit please make that your first request on AssistanceCheck. The safety and timeliness of payments, along with reduced costs make it necessary for us to ask all owners to enroll in Direct Deposit for their HAP payments.
Once you have activated your account, log-in and go to Agency Documents. Download and fill out the Direct Deposit Authorization and send it to us using the Send Document service on AssistanceCheck.
We are confident that this enhancement will help us serve you better. If you have any questions, please call our Owner Hotline at (714) 480-2866.
Below is a link for instructions for accessing your account online.
Many participating owners have enjoyed the convenience and security of Direct Deposit for years and we now need to expand this method of receiving HAP to all property owners. The security and timeliness of payments, along with reduced costs make it necessary for us to require all owners to enroll in Direct Deposit for their HAP payment.
Effective November 1, 2013, all owners must be enrolled in Direct Deposit. If you are not already using Direct Deposit please see link below for instructions and forms needed to set up your direct deposit for HAP. If you have any questions please call our “owner support team” at (714)480-2806. We are confident that you will appreciate these new enhancements designed to better serve your needs. Our management and staff thank you for your partnership with OCHA in providing housing for Orange County residents.
ATTENTION PROPERTY OWNERS AND MANAGERS: We need your rental units to house our Veterans!
More than 3,700 owners and managers of rental properties are working with the Orange County Housing Authority (OCHA) to help provide decent and affordable housing for over 12,000 households, most of whom are elderly or disabled and include Veterans.
Since 2009, OCHA has received a total of 580 HUD Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouchers reserved exclusively for homeless U.S. Veterans receiving services from the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Long Beach. VASH veterans receive extensive case management from the VA and also receive support from the Orange County Veterans Service Office, in combination with housing assistance provided by OCHA. This collaboration has proven successful in housing over 400 VASH veterans by January 2015. Approximately 70% of the VASH veterans are single persons and the remaining 30% are families.
In addition to VASH, OCHA is also issuing regular Housing Choice Vouchers to Veterans who received priority placement on the waiting list. As result of the VASH program and OCHA’s priority to assist veterans, we currently have the largest number of veterans in OCHA history seeking housing at this time. We need help from property owners and managers to ensure our local veterans obtain housing - here in Orange County.
Property owners and managers can advertise rental units at no cost on OCHA's referral listings. Call (714) 480-2866 or click hereto list your upcoming vacancy units or to learn more about the program. Listings are updated weekly. Eligible tenants pay about 30% of their income for their share of rent. The balance of rent is paid by OCHA directly to owners on the first of every month. Participating landlords retain control of their property and use their own lease or rental agreement. Please contact us if you have an upcoming vacancy.
Making Orange County a safe, healthy, and fulfilling place to live, work, and play, today and for generations to come, by providing outstanding, cost-effective regional public services.
You Are Now Leaving the County of Orange Official Portal